Put together some straight forward painting instructions for a mate I’m seducing in to the game.
They are really straight forward…and not perfect! However, having watched dozens of how-to videos, I had to put together a simple guide to make it easier for myself to follow.
The paints I’m using as a novice are in brackets.
Beginner’s guide: Painting Gaslands heaps guide
1. Take car apart
2. Add bits
3. Prime – Halfords grey is fine
4. Paint metal bits – dark metal (Vallejo gunmetal)
5. Dry brush metal bits – light metal (V natural steel)
6. Paint base colour/s – don’t worry about neatness, you can rust up shit bits
7. Paint/sponge rusty bits and around scratches – brown, orange, bit of simple blending
8. Add chips and scratches – light metal paint
9. Add a wash – perhaps browny rust, hit the mistakes( V rust wash)
10. Dry brush sand onto wheels, bottom and exposed likely areas to be hit ( V dark sand)
11. Optional: add highlights
12. Glue together( optional: fix wheels)